Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Sunny-Side Up

All of my life I have tried to be a positive-thinker, a person with a half-full glass of life. As time has passed, I have realized that I am not, naturally, a Pollyanna. My moods are not only tied to the availability of light and season, but reaching this point of midde age has afforded me a lot of material to mull over on those insomniac nights. It is downright scary to realize how easy it is to plunge into darkness. But, no matter how easy it is to just drift off to those dark spaces, it is so much healthier to flip yourself sunny-side up. So that is what I do. There are some days when I am busier than a one-armed, short-order cook in a popular breakfast joint - flipping those thoughts sunny-side up, left and right. Hey - can I use that on my resume??

2 comments:

Chicken Mama said...

NICE post! I can, of course, relate . . . particularly now. :)

Susan said...

Amen, Weslie. It's difficult but necessary, isn't it?