Pages

Friday, February 23, 2018

The Object(s) of my Affection

I have many.  But this is the latest.
The cat's out of the bag.
I am mostly amazed that I could focus on a project this large.  Those are long rows.  I thought about the recipient as I worked on it - how we met, how our friendship grew and became so integral and important to my life, the fun we've had, how much she means to me, how special she is in the world.  It is aptly displayed before the most beautiful little bronze sculpture (center top - although you can't see it's full loveliness) created by the recipient of this shawl.  It is truly a multi-national result - pattern envisioned and designed by a woman in Argentina; named after a woman in Canada; yarn hand-dyed by a woman in Texas; knitted by a woman in New York; given to a beautiful woman in the Netherlands.

*****
Another adorable object.


And, yet another.






19 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

that is one beautiful shawl! and 2 cute pups!

Michelle said...

Bravo! (Poor Lovey looks worried. Does she hates things pointed at her like Jackson does?)

Toni said...

Gorgeous!

Rain said...

The shawl is lovely and thanks for writing about it, I love that story! :) Your two little furries are adorable! I'm in love with all of our pets, especially the pooches!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Beautiful shawl, and what cute snapshots of those adorable furry friends.

Mama Pea said...

Ooo, lovely shawl and such good colors!

Lovey is saying, "Mom! Do you mind? I'm trying to nap here."

PB is saying, "Whadda think? Does this sweater make my butt look big?"

(Sorry, I have to take my chuckles where I can get them.)

Susan said...

Thank you - it is incredibly light and soft, too.

Susan said...

Yes! I'm not sure what she thinks the camera is, but she is sure it's a bad thing.

Susan said...

Thank you, Toni!

Susan said...

I could (and do) stare at them for hours. They are so much fun and so loving.

Susan said...

High praise, coming from you! Thank you, Kristina. I don't often have my camera when they look adorable, so I'm glad to have a couple of pix to hold onto.

Susan said...

I love it when Lovey has 'mouse' ears! Her ears are very expressive. I had to take that lovely sweater (thank you, Auntie Theresa) off of him before he unraveled it.

Theresa said...

Such a lovely shawl. Nice job and what an awesome sculpture. Of course the critters bring their own earthy perfection. Hugs all around and a biscuit or two for good measure.

Susan said...

Your essence has gone in to the shawl which your friend will feel each time she wears it. A special piece.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It's beautiful! Love the colours.

Goatldi said...

Love a good shawl and this one is great! I have a shawl on the needles for oh about um well never mind but it is a long term work in progress.

Nice photos of the puppy dogs. Aren't our "kids" great tonic to the soul?

Buttons alias Grace said...

I love love it and the model of course. It is truly international. Hug B

tpals said...

A beautiful work of love and patience. And the adorables are exactly that.

Sandy Livesay said...

Susan,
Beautiful! Girl you do amazing work. Your friend in the Netherlands is going to love your hand made shawl.
I love Lovey's expressive ears! And your little one modeling his sweater. Please give your furbies a scratch behind their ears for me.
Sending hugs, and love.
Sandy