Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Monday Musings and a Winner

At 4:30 this morning I was listening to the strangled sounds coming out of the coop, hoping the roolets come into their voice soon - or that it will get cold enough to close the windows.  Curse me!  It was 38 degrees!

I was thinking today how much fear prevents us from truly enjoying life.  It's like Marley's chains - acres of them, forged from big and little fears.  Okay, I'M the one clattering around here.  Time to pull out the bolt cutters.

My dependents are trying to kill me.  They must have had a peek at my will.  I put all the dog toys away before bed so I won't trip over them at o'dark thirty in the morning. This morning I tripped over "foxy", then "squirrelly", then the throw rug (mysteriously moved across the kitchen floor), before I reached the light.  Then Kramer dropped to the counter from the top of the cabinets.  I didn't even need coffee to get me jump started.

WINNER!!!

Random Number Generator picked... Hoosier Girl!  Woot!  Send me your mailing address and your winnings will be in the mail this week!

7 comments:

hoosier girl said...

Sweet! Thanks so much!

Sandy Livesay said...

Susan,

First, I would like to say Congratulations to Hoosier girl!!!
Don't you just love critter surprises with their toy's or the movement of throw rugs?? Your temperatures are already in the 30's, oh boy.......that's a sure sign winters going to be down right cold.
Keep warm!!!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Oh my gosh you had me in stitches talking about the dog toys! Love to read you posts! Keep them coming! Congrats to the winner!

Unknown said...

You do make me laugh! And I here ya regarding dog toy ankle breakers in the middle of the night; one night it'll happen and with hubby snoring away, I might lie there for hours.

Gutted that the competition didn't reach UK but I know the postage is horrendous.

Keep it coming.

Fiona said...

the new noises in the night at Cub Run......humn....screech owl....turkeys.....something on the deck.....cat finding her way around a house she loves but has no traction in when she runs around!

I do think our animals have a sense of humor!

Susan said...

Oh those chains-hang in there kiddo.

Casa Mariposa said...

38 degrees? That's just wrong. Here's a thought: don't let your fears grow bigger than your confidence. If you do you'll devour yourself from the inside out. Stay strong. :o)