Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Making hay while the sun shines.

I met up with my sister to take advantage of the Members Day at the glorious Clark Art Institute, in Williamstown, MA.  It just happened to coincide with one of the most glorious days, weather-wise, that we've had in a long while.


C and I have a family membership to the Clark, and we try to get to an exhibit whenever possible.  This is problematic, as she is burdened with the daily care of our parents and I am burdened with the full time job, plus my furry family and homestead upkeep.  However, this was a special occasion, as the museum, which was usually closed on this day, opened to members only. 


We enjoyed one of the new exhibits - The Art of Iron - and we are saving the second (Women Artists in Paris - 1850-1900) for our next meet-up.  We perused the gift shop and enjoyed a glass of complimentary lemonade while lounging around their reflecting pool, the expansive views calming our minds and temporarily muscling out other worries.  It was absolutely wonderful.
Left to right - dog collars and bear muzzle.  I think
the first collar would look fetching on Peanut Butter.

Beautiful iron bull

An ornate lectern and fancy
grille

How's this for a coffee mill?

Lovely ironwork tree against the
beautiful grounds

Reflecting pool

Lovely architecture
 We only spent about an hour and a half, but it was just what the doctor ordered.  Both of us left refreshed, souls nourished, world problems on their way to be solved.





13 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

what a beautiful place!

Susan said...

The Women Artists in Paris is just up my alley.

ellen abbott said...

it's a shame we no longer make our useful items beautiful. I've seen a spiked collar recently on-line touted as coyote protection for your little dog.

wisps of words said...

Working with iron. I think it's so interesting.

Plus, an iron worker working, is very sexy looking. ,-)

TMI, I know....

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wow, that looks like a wonderful exhibit. The upcoming one sounds great too.

Michelle said...

Good for you for feeding your souls!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your sanity savor vacation.

Rain said...

That's great Susan :) That iron tree is gorgeous! You know, one of the VERY few things I miss about living in Montreal is the Museum of Fine Arts. I used to go every Monday, as they had a nice vernissage (free wine and cheese!!!) and a new local exhibit. I got a lot of inspiration from that place. Now honestly, it's not worth the 2 hour drive! I'm happy to hear you didn't have to micro-manage your art outing! ;)

Theresa said...

What an amazing place. I want a reflecting pool. ( you can read that in your best whiney voice, add foot stamp if you wish). Butters would look divine in that collar but it would make it difficult to lick oneself or curl up in a ball....still.
So glad you two got out, got out together and got to get out to such a beautiful place.

Nancy In Boise said...

Beautiful space! Good for you taking a break :)

Mama Pea said...

Glad the two of you had such a lovely outing on a lovely day!

Ed said...

I love sculptures made from iron.

Fiona said...

What a wonderful post.....just what I needed too. Thank you. We in the country need to remember the world of art and the restful adventure of a good museum exhibit.😌