Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday Musings.


I was musing this morning about how my weekend was one of wonder and discovery:

Friday morning - discover powdery mildew infested zucchini and summer squash plants.  Rip out same.
Friday evening - discover I have locked my keys in the car. Discover this in the office building garage at 5:30.

Saturday morning - discover the Mushroom Guy at the Berkshire Farmers Market!
Saturday afternoon - discover my father is obsessive/compulsive/single-minded/stubborn. This, of course, isn't really a discovery, as I've known it for years - yet it still surprises me. Especially when it involves me lifting four, five-gallon buckets of extremely heavy, dense specialty paint for their deck not once, not twice, but five times. The fifth time involved hefting them up two separate sets of stairs. God bless him.
Saturday night - discover I have no energy left to finish my to-dos, so I console myself with an Orange Cow (vanilla ice cream and orange soda).

Sunday morning - discover it's 42 degrees! Rediscover my Jersey cow, Jasmine, her heifer calf, Alice, and her BFF, Rosebud. It was so nice to see them.
Sunday afternoon - discover it's afternoon! Where the heck did the morning go?
Sunday evening - discover that I have been working off a completely different to-do list.  I feel like I am living in tandem universes (universi?) where my evil twin manages to slip in her diabolical to-do list for mine, when my back is turned.

13 comments:

Sue said...

LOL!
My evil twin whisks me away to local ice cream parlors and forces me to indulge in DOUBLE scoop cones. This happens frequently, and I have NO idea this is happening. Hmmmm.
You should have a talk with your evil twin. Instead of to-do lists, it COULD be ice cream!
Not good for the thighs, but certainly better than chores......
:)

SweetLand Farm said...

LOL!!!
A different to do list! I love it!
I've discovered I'm never done and won't ever be done my lists.. and then I wonder what I do from day to day when I pass out in bed! :)

Susan said...

Yes! I do so agree! Ice cream is the cure for whatever ails ya.

Susan said...

Honestly - I had 8 things on my list for the weekend and ended up doing 12 things totally unrelated!

DFW said...

That's usually how our weekends go as well. Wish work was 2 days and the rest 'leisure' time, ha.

Jane @ Hard Work Homestead said...

I hate to admit this,but I am almost glad when the mildew sets is so I dont have to water the plants, pick bugs, or eat any more of the zucchini. And how did you get your keys out?

Susan said...

DFW - What's 'leisure' time? LOL!

Susan said...

Jane, I would have been glad, had I gotten more than three zucchinis. Once I stopped sobbing, I called AAA. It's times like this when I'm so glad I renew it every year. They are pretty quick to respond, so I was only a half hour late getting home.

Mama Pea said...

You do so much for . . . um, uh, er . . . others (ahem), m'dear, that it's a wonder you can get anything done for yourself! You really don't need that evil twin. You need a good clone. Then you could each accomplish one of the lists.

Candy C. said...

Ha! I'm with Jane on the zucchini plants! ;-)

Michelle said...

A temp of 42 degrees sounds heavenly, although it's not bad here. I don't know how you get so much done on TOP of a full-time job and commute. I suppose I may have to figure that out for myself one of these days....

Unknown said...

42, I wish!

Erin said...

42 degrees? Yay!!! Hope this weekend is going more smoothly :)