Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Spontaneous Day....

Off.  There is nothing like a spontaneous day off - for whatever the reason.  For me, it was a cool, cool night, followed by that brilliant blue sky that is typical here when seasons start to shift.  I call it Maxfield Parrish Blue.  The day started out like any other - then I just got a bee in my bonnet and decided that I needed a mental health day.

The best thing about a SDO is that you don't have plans for it.  It just unfolds in front of you.  Sort of.  While I can be spontaneous, there is, after all, The List.  So I got to tick off a couple things from the list, which was very satisfying.  And I had some one-on-one time with the dogs, goats and sheep (not at the same time, of course.  That would NOT have been relaxing.)  Cats choose their own one-on-one time.  Usually, when it is not convenient for you.  But one does not rule cats.  Cats rule everything.

I spent a little time in the kitchen...

I turned these.....

into these.
 I spent a little time doing something creative....

It was time to lose the silk forsythias.
I spent some time on the Ratz War....

The Pearlies show off the new metal-clad entrance
to the chicken coop.


The Ratz had gnawed through half of a 2x4 to
gain access to the coop.  The bottom section will have
to be replaced, but it should throw them off until I
have the time and materials.
 I did some gardening-type stuff...

Hog Panel = Grape Trellis

It was, all in all, a glorious SDO.

24 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day off.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would have approved! It would have been a glorious day for a walk in the woods. That's next on my list.

      Delete
  2. What a nice mental-health day! And those plums look DEE-licious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolyn Renee - I should have picked about 10 lbs. more!

      Delete
  3. Susan,

    For a relaxing metal health day, you've accomplished alot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy - I did, and it felt totally like a bonus, because I didn't plan it.

      Delete
  4. What a great idea, and it looks like you did some fun stuff! I need one of those days myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TWH - I think everyone should have at least one SDO a month. It's a great mood lifter, let me tell you.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. DFW - Yes, indeed. It sure felt good.

      Delete
  6. OH sounds like a great day off indeed! Mental health days are vital to life!! But you still got lots done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SLF - Amen to that! There's something less burdensome about chores that aren't planned, right?

      Delete
  7. What fun, even if you did work your tail off!! The plums look yummy and I love the "vault" door for the guineas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Candy - Somehow, it doesn't feel like work when it isn't planned. Sort of like how I like weeding at Marianne's but at my place? Not so much.

      Delete
  8. Good for you, r&r is refreshing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy - It sure is. Better than a nap any day.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Michelle - Wouldn't it be nice if doctors prescribed spontaneous days off?

      Delete
  10. I've just settled down with a latte on a very rainy afternoon for some well deserved time out. I sooo agree, SDO's are essential : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JBF - Welcome! There is nothing like a latte/cuppa on a rainy afternoon. I just skipped over to your blog - my goodness! You have the most beautiful birds!

      Delete
  11. Great day off! I can't believe those darn Ratz, you must have super power rats up there, it's war!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good stuff! Your blog is very inspiring Susan. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete