Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

A Very High SQUEE Rating.

Every year, my darling girl Santa J in PA remembers all of us.  And I mean ALL of us - right down to the flock of chickens.  I had pulled into the carport/garage after a particularly grueling nighttime commute this last week, to find a large package perched on the wheelbarrow.  (Aside here - my postman is the bees' knees.)  I thought it was a missing package from Amazon that had become one of those shipping horror stories.  But it wasn't!  It was from Santa J!  And it weighed a ton.

I staggered into the house, clutching it in my arms, where it was met with a great deal of enthusiasm  - but outies first.  After gathering eggs and tossing hay at the sheep/llama, I was free to come in and open it.  I tell you, I am about 6 years old when I open her packages...and there are three pair of bright little eyes on me during each and every move.

I will have to describe most of the contents, as they have already been put to use, but there was one particular parcel that was just for me:

The Real Thing (a little darkish)


And the Almost As Good as the Real Thing


SQUEE!!!!!  Honestly, I can hardly wait to get into it.

Also from Santa J were:  Bully Strips for the dogs; Greenie tuna treats for the cats; a protein block for the chickens; a bag of butterscotch horse/llama/sheep treats!  I mean, what else is there?

We love our Santa J.

14 comments:

  1. Susan,

    Santa J knows this yearly package puts a smile on your face.
    Bless Santa J :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy - She is something special, she is.

      Delete
  2. Santa J ROCKS! And I have to say, I simply can NOT wait for you to do the weiner dog project.
    How is Mom doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolyn - I will be interested to see what the real weiner thinks of the almost real one. Mom is coming along just fine - she's 'coloring' up a bit more...

      Delete
  3. That girl! Gotta admit it made me sad to start thinking about Santa J . . . I miss her blog sooooo much! Now I'm asking myself: How many people do I know who will have knitted their own weiner dog???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mama Pea - I do, too. Well, you can count one. Or start counting. Or one half just for thinking about it?

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's so awesome! I squee'd for you too! Knit a wiener dog.....that's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Way! I never saw such a thing! You know you could make your life much easier with a "Knit Your Own Barnyard" kit.

    @;) Merry Christmas Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a wonderful treat for the farm!! And a lovely friend to do it for all of you.

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete