Here we go:
1. When you were a child, what was your dream job? Do you have that job today? I wanted to be a cowgirl. I wanted to ride horses all day, rope cattle and roll my own cigarettes. Of those three things, the only thing I accomplished (more or less) was to roll my own cigarettes. Ahem. No, today I am doing three things that I dislike intensely - commuting a long distance, working with lawyers, and having to deal with state legislators.
2. What are your 3 favorite books? This is a tough one. I love so many books. All time favs would be - Alice in Wonderland, A Confederacy of Dunces; The Beak of the Finch.
3. If you have to move out of the country, where would you move to? Did that - to the Netherlands. If I had to move somewhere else, it would be Tuscany, but I would rather discover all the places I have not seen in this country first.
4. Can you cook? Why, yes, I can. To my detriment, as I never bother cutting a recipe in half and then eat the whole thing by myself.
5. Is there any post you’ve been planning to do, but have been postponing for awhile now? Something that would make me a living legend. Obviously, it will take more than awhile.
6. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why? This always makes me think of my friend, Rosie. When she would meet a fellow on a dating site, one of her first questions was, "What is your super power?" I don't know what answers she got, but mine would have answered, "the power to pull the wool over your eyes". I digress. My super power would be the ability to fly like a bird. I may have a fear of heights, but I also have a love of large vistas. Plus, it would be a neato keeno way of escaping from the bad guys.
7. Do you prefer the beach or the mountain? Why? I am a mountain girl. No beaches for me, as I am terrified of water (as in being in or on it). Mountains make me feel that I am closer to the beginning of everything, even if we were supposed to have wiggled out of the water as some kind of legless blobs. Mountains make me all weepy and, yet, feeling that I can do anything.
8. What movie did you love to watch as a child? The Wizard of Oz. My sisters and I would get to watch it each year in my parent's bedroom. We would be in their bed, under the covers, with lots of pillows at our backs. The covers would be pulled up just below our noses - waiting for the appearance of the Wicked Witch. We would haul those covers up and over our heads, screeching in terror!
9. What is something that you learned recently? I'm working on learning to drop spindle spin. It's not going well, but I am determined. I have also been learning to preserve by different means than by canning. That has been interesting.
10. What is your favorite season of the year and why? Late Summer, into Fall. Or Fallish. The garden has reached its peak, the heat of Summer has died back, the leaves start to color, the air is rich with ozone. I am looking forward to a Winter rest. (That part nearly made my laugh so hard I choked.)
11. What TV series do you watch? I have not watched television for over ten years. It has been very freeing. I will admit that, every time I see a clip of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood on YouTube, it makes me cry with loss.
Now you know even MORE about me. If you have any complaints, go tell NancyPo. Kidding.