Pages

Monday, December 7, 2015

Weekend Chow

 
The prep.

Little Hasselbacks.

Yum.
Chobani was looking for willing participants in their #MadeWithChobani Series (lots of good recipes!) and, while I do make my own yogurt, I rarely have the patience or presence of forethought to make my own Greek yogurt.  Ergo, Chobani.  I use Greek yogurt as a replacement for sour cream.  I use it in my mashed potatoes.  I use it in pancake batter.  So it was an easy yes.   After I dragged my sorry self home through the pea soup fog on Friday night, I was in the mood for comfort food.  Balance and nutrition had absolutely NOTHING to do with my quest for comfort.  I had wanted to make these little Hasselback Tater Tots (find the recipe here) and it seemed like the perfect time to make good on my promise to Chobani and rustle up some little tatery morsels. 

After sifting through the last of my own potato crop, I gleaned a little pile of small potatoes.  They were thoroughly washed and dried, then cut into thin slices just shy of the bottom.  I tossed them with EVO and salt and pepper and put them in a hot oven (425*) for 30 minutes, pulled them out, brushed them with a little more EVO and then back they went for another 30 minutes.  While they were having their crisping up session in the oven, I whipped up a dip - Chobani Greek Yogurt and a heaping tablespoon of Pensey's Green Goddess mix.  I added a titch more garlic and pepper, let the tater tots cool slightly and dipped away.  Heaven!  While I could have used my homemade ketchup, I tend towards the tangy rather than the sweety, so this dip was perfect.  And, yes, I felt MUCH better after consuming a few of these cuties. 




6 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

yum!

Laurie said...

I agree, that's some major comfort food right there.

Fiona said...

Good heavens those look good! I have a bunch of small 'taters' and now I know what I will be doing with them. Thank you for the recipe and idea.

Mama Pea said...

And you didn't invite me!!? Hrumpf! Sounds like your little treats were dee-lish. I, too, have some small taters that look to be just the right size for this recipe. Gotta try it!

farm buddy said...

Thanks for including that recipe. I never heard of those! I will try them tomorrow with my grass-fed beef!

Sandy Livesay said...

Susan,

I'm with Mama Pea, lol......
Everything sounds mighty fine :))))