Pages

Friday, November 4, 2016

Maybe the best customer service EVER.

Chewy.com

When you live out in the hinterlands, locating bargains and, basically, shopping for anything can be a real challenge.  As you all know, I don't spoil my dogs at all.  Not one little bit.  Nope.  Just totally.  I feel it's necessary to feed them very well because it is an investment and a responsibility.  I am responsible for their well-being and, by taking care with their diet (cats and all living things that are my dependents), they are healthier and that means less vet bills.  Trying to do this on a budget is very challenging.  Especially when your more inexpensive options are located at the big box pet stores that only open when you are firmly ensconced at work.  Then there is the inability to stop on the way home because they are not on your route and you've already left your dogs alone for 10 hours.
 
I stumbled across Chewy.com while trying to find a more workable option and have never looked back.  They carry every high quality, medium quality and McDonald's quality pet food in quantity.  They sell them by the case and at a discount that rivals any big box store I've shopped.  They further discount with Autoshipping - a service I use monthly.  They offer free shipping on my orders (which are sizable, given three dogs and two cats).  If that is not brilliant enough, I've had to contact their customer service twice and - well, all I can say is...FABULOUS.  First was a single dented can on an otherwise intact shipment.  They don't send single cans, but credited me the one can.  They answered my email within an hour.  On a weekend.  They were pleasant and humorous and took care of the problem right away.  The last was even more fabulous.  I had ordered a winter coat for Scrappy (poor old guy was the only one without a winter coat!  Bad Mom!) and when it arrived, it was way too big for him.  Let's just say that, while my boy is extra large in my heart, he is more of a medium large in reality.  I contacted customer service via online chat and, within two minutes, my order had been refunded and I was asked to please donate the BRAND NEW, FANCY, SCHMANCY coat to a rescue of my choice.  I was flabbergasted.  Now, it may have been because the package was opened and had been tried on, but still.
 
I am highly recommending anyone who buys pet food in any quantity to give them a try.  Their website is here.  I am now going to go home and measure the boy.  Winter's coming and Grampy needs a brand new coat.

14 comments:

Charade said...

Thanks so much for this recommendation. Just checked out their site, searched on my favorite treats (Charlee Bears) to send the grand-dogs with every package to the grandkids. Not only do they have them, but they have several flavors which I didn't even know existed - and they are much cheaper! All my grand-dogs, neighbors dogs and friends dogs will be lovin' themselves some treats this Christmas.

Michelle said...

Good to know!

Susan said...

Awesome-sadly do not ship to Canada but will be sending a begging email.

Susan said...

You are the best!

Susan said...

It is especially nice, having it delivered to my door. And fast delivery, too.

Susan said...

We definitely need to change that. Definitely.

Susan said...

Wow! I hadn't heard of these treats - I'd even eat them. I know some doggies that will love their stockings this Christmas...

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i actually went there and ordered some treats for teddy. she says..thank you susan!

Mama Pea said...

Thanks for the recommendation. Although we are dogless at this time, I know our granddog, Tucker, will be pickled tink with what's in his stocking this Christmas season!

wwax said...

I've used these guys for autoshipment of dog food for over a year as one of my dogs can only eat a few brands of food without health issues. I love their price is competitive even with postage & I don't have to lug a huge bag of food home. They were also one of the few places I could get porkskin as opposed to rawhide chews for the longest time, again one of the few chews my dog could eat without issue.

Vera said...

You are right about the right food which is given to the animals will ensure that they stay healthy. Our springer spaniel stayed in good health until he was sixteen years old!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you. Good to know.

Tammy said...

Chewy.com is awesome. I stumbled on the auto ship a few years ago too and get both the specialty dog and cat foods shipped as needed. Saves me having to drive the 100 mile round trip to stock up at the local Petsmart. It has made my life so much easier and prices are great. And I've had to contact them twice as well with excellent resolution of the situation. Tammy

Jenn said...

I love that! Great customer service is hard to find. Plus donate the item...Unheard of! 👍🏼