Pages

Monday, September 18, 2017

Little Rays of Sunshine.

Life has been brightened immeasurably by a whole series of little rays of sunshine.  Peanut has proved to be the balm for my soul, still scarred by the loss of Kramer and Pepper.  He is an adorable bundle of love and energy.  Even Lovey has perked up.  Slimbo is thawing, although he is never sure if he will be ignored, sniffed, kissed, or chased by the newest resident.
With his "Cupcake".

Too tired to even wrap up
in his blanket.  Playing is hard
work!
I got to celebrate my mother's 94th birthday - with her! 


I get texts and emails filled with encouragement and love from bloggy pals, sisters and friends.


Jasmine still acknowledges me when I call her name.
Sweet old girl.


The biggest ray of sunshine? 
I couldn't believe my eyes!

Glorious!
Dear, sweet, utterly thoughtful Michelle of Boulderneigh, went out to her prune plum tree and picked a HUGE pile for me, put them in a box and MAILED THEM.  Can you believe it?  I was truly and completely gobsmacked.  The second most amazing thing is that, all the way from Oregon, only two of the many delicious, beautiful plums were damaged.  I had to eat those right away...  It's given me a new respect for the USPS.  The rest are destined for my favorite GF recipe - The Plum Crumble of My Dreams.  It truly IS a dreamy and GF crumble.  And I'm not sharing it.  I will start my diet next week...


And even though my mechanic rained on my parade, I am sticking to the sunny side of the street.  I am one blessed, lucky gurl.





12 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Lovely, uplifting post, girl friend! So can I assume Peanut has been officially adopted? It must be totally your marvelous way with animals that he has adapted so very quickly and well to his new home. You're a gem!

Wow, what a sweet gesture on Michelle's part. (She's a gem, too!) Papa Pea's brother in California used to send us boxes of avocados from his tree, but then he moved and didn't take the tree with him. Darn.

Theresa said...

Yep, a little ray of canine sunshine certainly brightens every day and what a handsome sweet peanutty ray it is. Michelle rocks and I'm betting those plums are divine!

Susan said...

Oh, right back atcha, Mama Pea! He's not 'officially' mine, but just let anyone try and take him... :) He's officially mine as of next Saturday. Michelle is a gem, indeed. This was one time when a virtual hug was NOT enough!

Susan said...

And, as a doxie mom, you know of what you speak! Yes, he is a little hot mess of affection. Just what I needed. Those plums were/are the best I've ever had.

Ed said...

I have respect too. I would never have guessed they would have survived the mail system.

Michelle said...

Playing "Santa" is so fun!!! Now, about that crumble. Do you halve the prunes, dice them, or what? I need to make that . . . I have more prunes, after all. ;-)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Wow, 94th birthday? How wonderful. What a wonderful bunch of plums you received. Yum.

Susan said...

It is amazing, isn't it? You can send a box of plums across the continent, but just try and post a letter a state away...

Susan said...

You are better than Santa and ALL his elves! I usually cut them in half, lengthwise. I like to get as much plum into a mouthful as possible! Your plums are so sweet and delicious!!!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i love those plums but only before they are really ripe. i like them tart! i am so happy to hear you got to celebrate your mom's birthday! i can't even imagine that since my mom died when we were both so young. good for all of you!!!

Susan said...

There is a lot of longevity on my mom's side of the family - luckily, she is pretty perky and sharp for her age, not so with my dad.

Susan said...

That must have been (and I bet still is) hard for you. You sure have made up for lost time by being an amazing mother to your kids, their partners and your Teddy! xo