Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

It took a village of two.

Lattice house framed in an afternoon. The diagonal pieces are for support.
In my constant effort to further complicate my life, I am building a lattice house, to house, well, it's a surprise.  But I do realize it is perverse for me to plan on building anything with one and a half arms.  Luckily for me, I have a friend who is a whiz at Eyeball Construction (her term).  She can look at my puny drawings (never even closely to scale or in correct perspective), then look at my pile of scrap lumber, and see my vision!  How cool is that?  While I was saying, "well, I think we'll screw these uprights here, and join that, and, well, heck, I have no idea on how to attach these wall units," she was visualizing the entire construction, moving walls around in her mind, calculating spacial elements, how many turns it would take.  When I trotted back from exchanging one dead cordless drill battery for a half-live one, she had it all worked out.  I am taking pictures of the progress and will unveil the surprise after the weekend.

1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

Well, how exciting! I have no idea what it may be for but I'll be following the construction eagerly. (You sure do get a lot done with an arm and a half.)