Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Going and Coming.

Looking up the street at the state capitol.
Across the street from where I work.

I thought it would be interesting to share where I go every week day morning at 10:30, and what I come back to.  It is also interesting to contemplate what those two words mean to me:  Going.  Coming.  Going has a cold feeling - like going away. 


Wetlands behind my property.

 Coming always sounds warm and inviting, like coming home.  I am a real solid dyed-in-the-wool homebody, so going is always difficult and coming home is glorious.  Coming home is also accentuated by some beautiful views (when the days are longer than 2 hours).  The views are very lovely on the going part of my daily commute - but, by being part of the going, they are not quite as lovely as they could be.

End of the road.

If dinner isn't coming soon, I'm going to find
someone who loves me more.  As if.
Last Wednesday, I got to enjoy the overnight company of friends whom I love - and got to revel a bit in Deerhounds, my favorite 'breed' (besides Dachshunds - their polar opposite).  I had to watch how much I gushed, as Scrappy is very sensitive to which way the love meter is turning.  They brought me their last skein of Flora's yarn, which has instilled in me a need to skirt her fleece and get it spun.  They also brought me some of their wonderful fingering weight Icelandic/Alpaca blend.  There is no such thing as too much yarn!!!  A looong winter stretches before me.  Yah!


3 comments:

Erin said...

Too much fiber? I'm with you there - no such thing! It's a drug, I'm always looking for the next "score"! That's quite a contradiction in scenery you do every day - I bet that's wonderful hearing the crunch of gravel on your tires every evening as you arrive home :)

Mama Pea said...

Even though it was many years ago, I can so remember commuting from our home in the woods to our jobs in the city every day. We, too, had an hour's commute one way. What different worlds: The work world and the homestead world. It's as if you are two different people, isn't it?

The Apple Pie Gal said...

I think I rather like your coming home pictures! Makes you have something to look forward to at the end of a long day!