So, where does integrity step in vs. good manners? I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I was raised with a heavy accentuation on 'good manners'. I never EVER referred to the parents of my playmates or any adult, by their first name. Ever. It's not quite so bad now, since I have friends who are my parents' age - and they would tan my hide if I called them Mr. and Mrs. T. And, by golly, I think they could! And, since I now have no idea where I was going with this opening salvo, having started this post last week, I will leave it dangling here at the moment. Hopefully, the purpose of this quest will revisit me. Along with my sanity and memory.
I have learned many new things over the past week.
1. Contrary to what I have been told (and then have passed along to others as Gospel - mea culpa), one can have chipmunks AND rats.
2. There is no such thing as one rat.
3. I hate rats.
4. Rats are cagey and smart.
5. I'm tired of talking about rats.
6. Apria did not have a full shear NOT, as I was led to believe, because her previous owner was too busy. It was because she becomes a stinkin', spittin', buckin' CAMEL!
7. I still am a victim of De-Nial.
8. My vision of myself is completely untethered in reality.
Rats? See #5. Apria? More in next post. 7? 8? I am still musing on these.