Pages

Monday, March 21, 2016

Monday Musings 77-98




1

2
3-8
9-10

11-21
As you can tell, I did a lot of purging in my bookcases this weekend.  And I'm not done.  I have a goal to consolidate four bookcases into three.  I am closing in on it.  While going through the stacks, I realized that there are very few places you can send books these days.  Our local library is not welcoming of used books, even though they have a book and bake sale every year.  I imagine there are not as many people cruising the aisles as there once was.  However, I find that homesteading books are valuable.  Just not as many as I have!  If you see anything in the stacks here that you would like, I will send them for postage, first asked, first dibs.  If you can't make out the titles (what?  my photographs are not clear?  I am so shocked.) ask me and I will clarify.

Other than the books, I found this little cheese tray (#1) that is, quite frankly, useless.  It is one of those clever designs that does not include serviceability.  I'm all for clever, but I don't have room in my cupboards for things that just look cute and don't work.  If that's what I wanted, I'd start dating again.  Heehee.  As for #2, well, I am giving up the scale.  I know how I am doing, weight-wise, by how I feel and how my clothes fit.  You can get too fixated on the number of pounds and ounces, and I don't - personally - think that's healthy.  Either that, or my mother's denial gene has kicked in.

Other exciting things - I pruned my grapevine!  Such a riveting life I lead.

12 comments:

Susan said...

Just to be clear-was the cheeseboard in the bookcase?

Susan said...

Susan - No, I made a slight detour on the way to the bookcase...

Janis said...

Now you can see why I like books. I'm technologically challenged! I'll try again... I've read your blog for quite awhile but never commented. Guess I don't have much to say? Or see above. :) Anyway, I'm game for any & all of the books 3-10. I have lofty goals of reading in the backyard this summer. Ha! Please contact me at OWD0505@google.com.

Janis said...

Oh geeezzz! Make that Gmail.com. Lol

Michelle said...

How nice of you Susan! I'd love to take several esp 9 & 10 and the Jackie Clay/ backwoods home books in the 3-8 stack. I've wanted some of those but haven't found them used yet.

Sue said...

I think getting rid of books is the hardest. I'm thinning down my library as well. I'm REREADING each and everyone before deciding .It's been a glorious way to spend the winter, but I imagine in the coming months, that's gonna be on hold. We have many of the same titles. That's always neat to see! Good luck and keep on purging.
:)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Our library will take books to sell at book sales, only if they are not used "library" books from another library. Our thrift will take them too. You are brave to purge homesteading books.

Susan said...

Hi, Janis! I've sent you an email - anything to help you attain your lofty goals! :)

Susan said...

Sue - I was tempted to do that (rereading) but I realized I would never reach my purging goals. Especially since I am still 'thinking' about reading my winter stack from two years ago. Pfft.

Susan said...

Kristina - There are a few herbal books in there that made me think of you. I am not as brave as you think - it's more like, how many homesteading books does one need? I have Carla Emery's encyclopedia that pretty much covers everything! I gave up on Storeys since they published an author who I think is a danger to homesteaders.

Susan said...

Michelle - send me an email at swomersley at gmail dot com with your mailing address!

Fiona said...

I enjoy reading about your life....and all the adventures in it!