Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

My life with Diaper Boy.

I have tried treats, play, walks, love, pleas, and threats.  So far, Scrappy is still applying passive/agressive behavior to the kittens being in the house.  Translated:  he pees inside and often.  And now Bernie is joining in.  Bernie, however, will suffer silently for a lot longer before she is pushed over the edge.  I finally put Scrappy in the equivalent of a doggie diaper.  Bernie only pees on the dog beds, so I wrapped the innerds of the beds in large garbage bags and she is so alarmed by the attending rustles and crinkles, that she quit peeing on them.  It is, though, a losing battle.  I am completely attached to the kittens and the older cats don't seem to mind them.  But, since Scrappy shows no signs of turning off the faucet and Bernie has become Velcro Dog, I cannot keep torturing them.  Even with endless Crunchy Treats, they are still miserable.  My laundry loads will shrink, but I sure will miss the amazing cuteness of the kittens.

4 comments:

melanie said...

Perhaps dividing the territory? Kittens fit very nicely in a bedroom with the door closed when you are not home....or did you try that already?

Susan said...

Hey, Melanie! Yes, I've tried the divide and conquer routine. Unfortunately, the only room I can close off for the exclusive use of the kittens is also Bernie's safe haven. Oh, to have two stories and a basement...

Erin said...

Oh NO! ... the things we dog lovers will put up with, huh? Hope your problem is solved quickly!

Susan said...

Erin, you've got that right. I am out to buy a second pair of "Pull Overs" for him tonight.