Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

There are fang marks in everything!

Kramer with Alien Eyes

It started this weekend.  I had left a batch of muffins to cool on the kitchen island.  I came back 15 minutes later to find tiny punctures in the tops of Every One.  I left a half-loaf of bread wrapped in foil on the counter.  For TEN minutes.  It looked like a sieve.  This morning, having packed my lunch, I went into the bedroom to change into barn clothes.  I came out to find...my dessert was missing.  Mind you, this was a slab of Whole Wheat Bread with Raisins.  With a recipe that calls for two cups of molasses, even a smallish portion of it weighed a good pound.  I immediately headed back to the lair and found it wedged under a table, with the corner of the plastic bag chewed off and, yes, fang marks on my dessert.  I snatched it from Kramer's jaws and put it in another zip baggy and double bagged the lunch and put it in my tote.  If I could have padlocked it, I would have.  Do kittens go through a teething stage? 

I related the sordid events to a friend, who was horrified that I just went ahead and ate the kitten-ravaged dessert.  I decided not to tell her about my finding a nice, fat caterpillar on top of last week's salad and saving it for my chickens, whilst (;o) I ate the greens.

Slim with matching Alien Eyes

4 comments:

The Apple Pie Gal said...

Ha! That's hilarious! I would have done the same thing. :)

Mama Pea said...

I think you'd better be on guard. I think those kitties have got it in for you. Dum-da-dum-dum. Duuummmmm! ;o)

Erin said...

If I was a pet...... I'D LIVE AT YOUR HOUSE! LOL party all the time!

Susan said...

APG - I really have to keep on my toes, the stinkers.

Mama Pea - I find that my sense of hearing has heightened since the arrival of these two stealth bombers. At the first rustle, I am in the kitchen - I'm not getting much done.

Erin - Sure, c'mon down (or up)! Lots of hootin' and hollerin' going on! ;o)