Mama Pea. She is, as always, WAY too generous and kind with both words and deeds. But I will admit, this is my first such award and it gave me a little thrill!
As part of accepting this kind label (I am nothing, if not flexible...) I must do three things:
* Link back to the person who gave me the award (I am sure I do not have to introduce Mama Pea to most of you - but, if there are some poor souls who have NOT found her blog - please, please, please let me set you to rights. Go to her blog right this second! She is the bees' knees, the cat's meow. Now there is a versatile and talented blogger!)
* Share seven things you all might not know about me - which gives me a pretty free range, since most of you don't know me from bupkus. (Quiet there, Melanie and Kay).
* Name another blogger on whom this award would fit like a glove.
Let's get the prickly one out of the way first. Seven things you might not know about me:
1. I am terrified of high bridges over bodies of water. And I must drive over one twice a day, five days a week. While I don't close my eyes (duh!) I do go all rigid and stare straight ahead. Heaven help me if there is a traffic jam and I am stuck on it.
2. I have been burlarized three times in my life, and held up at knife point once. It makes you feel very violated.
3. I have a sticker on my dashboard reading "BREATHE".
4. In my teens, I tutored under a sculptor who had done a bust of Leon Trotsky from life, before he (Trotsky) was assasinated. He kept it on his porch. And it was amazing.
5. I agonize over any lapse in my recycling efforts.
6. I prefer almost any food to be cold or room temperature rather hot. I have been known to order a pizza, bring it home and stick it in the refrigerator so I can eat it cold the next day.
7. I still think of Cleveland as my home, although I was born in Virginia and have moved all over the place.
Now, for the most difficult part of this whole exercise - having to choose one versatile blogger out of all the many wonderful, versatile bloggers! For purely selfish reasons (I want to know seven more things about her) I am passing this onto Carolyn Renee over at Krazo Acres. I love the humor and wisdom that permeates every post. She's a wealth of information and an excellent writer!