Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

I'm Speechless.

(Hahahahaha, right.)  I have had the Versatile Blogger Award passed to me by my bud, Mama Pea.  She is, as always, WAY too generous and kind with both words and deeds.  But I will admit, this is my first such award and it gave me a little thrill!

As part of accepting this kind label (I am nothing, if not flexible...) I must do three things:

*  Link back to the person who gave me the award (I am sure I do not have to introduce Mama Pea to most of you - but, if there are some poor souls who have NOT found her blog - please, please, please let me set you to rights.  Go to her blog right this second!  She is the bees' knees, the cat's meow.  Now there is a versatile and talented blogger!)

*  Share seven things you all might not know about me - which gives me a pretty free range, since most of you don't know me from bupkus. (Quiet there, Melanie and Kay).

*  Name another blogger on whom this award would fit like a glove.

Let's get the prickly one out of the way first.  Seven things you might not know about me:

1.  I am terrified of high bridges over bodies of water.  And I must drive over one twice a day, five days a week.  While I don't close my eyes (duh!) I do go all rigid and stare straight ahead.  Heaven help me if there is a traffic jam and I am stuck on it.

2.  I have been burlarized three times in my life, and held up at knife point once.  It makes you feel very violated.

3.  I have a sticker on my dashboard reading "BREATHE".

4.  In my teens, I tutored under a sculptor who had done a bust of Leon Trotsky from life, before he (Trotsky) was assasinated.  He kept it on his porch.  And it was amazing.
 
5.   I agonize over any lapse in my recycling efforts.

6.  I prefer almost any food to be cold or room temperature rather hot.  I have been known to order a pizza, bring it home and stick it in the refrigerator so I can eat it cold the next day.

7.  I still think of Cleveland as my home, although I was born in Virginia and have moved all over the place.


Now, for the most difficult part of this whole exercise - having to choose one versatile blogger out of all the many wonderful, versatile bloggers!  For purely selfish reasons (I want to know seven more things about her) I am passing this onto Carolyn Renee over at Krazo Acres.  I love the humor and wisdom that permeates every post.  She's a wealth of information and an excellent writer!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Thanks for giving a peek into the lesser known facts, it's always fun to learn about other bloggers! I'm right there with you on the bridges thing, it only started about 4 years ago, but I get a vertigo feeling, it also happens on any type of exit/onramp on the freeway where the ground appears to drop away from me.... yikes!

Carolyn said...

Oh....%$@*&%!.

:)

Sorry, but you're going to have to wait a bit for all those deep, dark secrets as I'm a bit under the weather. Besides, I'll need time to make up some interesting things.

In the meantime, enjoy your maple syrup.....I'm still insanely jealous of your syrup/egg trade.

Sylvie said...

I like #6. I am making our dinner right now to avoid the last minute rush!

Susan said...

Erin - I've always had that problem, but I think it stems from being bathed in a tub as a tot and the drain in the tub was so fast that I was sure I was going to be sucked down! Now, anything over, under or around water makes me very anxious.

Carolyn Renee - I'm sorry - still love me?

Sylvie - Thank you for the amazing dinner! A perfect close to my day!!!!

Mama Pea said...

My, my, my! What interesting little tidbits you shared. I have to comment:

1) I'm not afraid of driving/going over bridges but I used to have a nightmare (again and again) of coming up to a bridge over an expanse of water, having to swim to the bridge, climb up and over it (like on girders) and then swim in the water on the other side to land. It was awful.

2) Held up at knife point and burglarized three times??! Holy S*it, Girl!

3) My sign on the dashboard should be THINK!

4) I've always wanted to learn how to sculpt!!

5) You are obviously overly conscientious. But admirable.

6) Cold food, YES! I could eat ALL my food cold! Unfortunately, the man I live with would go without rather than eating it cold.

7) You are a wanderer, eh? Would love to hear of your travels sometime.