Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

The More-Than-Fair Trade.

I recently made a real coup.  You could call it "Fair Trade", but it would definitely be skewed in my favor.  For one dozen extra large, farm fresh eggs, I got....

A half-gallon of maple syrup lovingly made right down the road from me!  Wholly Cow!  As I've noted before, some of my neighbors and I use the mailbox delivery system.  I get a call or email requesting eggs.  I place the eggs in the orderer's mailbox and they place the money for the eggs, along with extra egg boxes (always needed and appreciated) in my mailbox.  So far, we have not interferred with the delivery of the U.S. Post and everyone is happy with how smoothly it works.  I ran into my neighbor at the last Zoning Board of Appeals meeting and he asked if I would like some maple syrup.  Of course I would!  May I trade for eggs, I asked?  Of course I could!  He would like a dozen.  So I sorted through my larger eggs and packed up a lovely dozen and put them in his mailbox.  When I came home from work that night, a half-gallon jug was sitting on my junk mail!  Woot!!

10 comments:

Mama Pea said...

What a sweet deal! I'd put eggs in that neighbor's mailbox any day for a trade like that! I see pancakes in your future . . .

dr momi said...

Way good deal!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. Does he want some Oregon eggs? What a "sweet" deal!

Carolyn said...

What an awesome score / trade! That's worth like ten dozen eggs around here!

Susan said...

Mama Pea - I have a feeling I will be putting a few more dozens in that mail box!

Dr. Momi - I feel 'almost' guilty!

Ruth - He's MINE, ALL MINE lol!!

Carolyn Renee - Same here. I am going to owe him big time, whether he likes it or not.

Michelle said...

You are so blessed to live in "sugar country"! Melanie has shared some of her "liquid gold" with me; maple syrup is one of my most favoritist treats!

Jane @ Hard Work Homestead said...

Thats the way it should be. No credit cards, no imported products. Real food from real people.

Susan said...

Jane - Amen to that.

Judy T said...

What a great score!! You definitely got the better end of that swap. Mmmmm... maple syrup.
Judy

Erin said...

That is a sweet deal! Around here a pint of syrup at the store will run you over $15!!!