Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Lamb Update.

It's not often that I have a) my camera with me; b) sun; c) all while I'm with the sheep!  I managed to get a few photographs of the lambs with the ewes during yesterday's breakfast.  It's amazing how fast they grow.  The older lambs, Linden, Hazel and Acacia, are all eating hay.  As a matter of fact, when I first put the hay out, Linden (Freyda's beautiful ram lamb), backs up and races towards it, flinging himself in a bellyflop in the middle of the hay holder!  This is not, unsurprisingly, very popular with the ewes, who bunt him out.  Enjoy my view!
Banyan, Cocoa's moorit mouflon ram lamb.

Hickory, Cocoa's moorit ewe lamb, enjoying the sun.

Two sets of twins - Flora's Hazel and Acacia, Cocoa's Hickory and Banyan.

Sunbathing.

3 comments:

Leigh said...

So, so cute! I almost wish we'd gone with sheep instead of goats, but baby goats are cute too. All babies are cute actually, aren't they!

Erin said...

Thanks for the pics, I love them! Cute little curlies, they are :)

Mama Pea said...

That is so funny about Linden's antics! What pure joy animals show us. What a huge flock of sheep you have now! (Sorry, I didn't mean to bring to mind the ol' decision-making thing.) Thanks for the pics.