Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Pathways

The sun came out and it all looked so beautiful -- it also helped that I had a degree of separation from my shoveling marathon.  The forecast is for 40 degrees and rain by the weekend!  Wow!  I am trying to get a picture of the Jones Family - a small mob of sparrows that have taken up noisy residence in the trees and bushes around my place.  I love to hear them carrying on in the morning - possibly discussing their dreams of the night before?

Since our small family is spread out, we don't get to celebrate Christmas on Christmas.  We are all converging in Vermont this weekend to celebrate Christmas/New Year's, so it's bought me an extra week to put together my reluctant Christmas gift stocking.  I am hoping for a couple of rousing games of Scrabble and Farmopoly!  Such excitement!!!

8 comments:

Mama Pea said...

You certainly did get snow! And sounds as if you may have a little bit of flood potential if you get the rain this weekend.

Our forecast for the next few days isn't good as it contains a lot of freezing rain and/or possibly good bunch of snow. I don't like the idea of freezing rain around New Year's Eve.

The Apple Pie Gal said...

Wow! You poor thing! That certainly is a Pathway! We too are in for a good melt and 3 days worth of rain. It's going to be a mucky mess out there. Please do be very careful out and about over the weekend. All sorts of crazies out there who think they can drive.

Susan said...

Mama Pea, I am with you on the forecast for New Year's Eve. I do not leave the house after dark. All those wild parties are a distant memory now. Cripes, I can't even stay up past 10p!

APG - I can't even bring myself to think of all that snow melted! How do your darling little dogs do in the muck? You be careful, too. My sister will be staying with me and it will be a cosy night with Champs and a movie. And in bed by 10!

Michelle said...

I think the sparrows are all rejoicing that they made it through another night! Can't be easy with all that cold and snow and most food sources covered up....

The Apple Pie Gal said...

That sounds like my kind of night! We were supposed to have people over...however, lucky us...2nd season is this weekend. Woohoo! Can't be expected to entertain when ya gotta get up at the crack of the butt to go sit in the woods now, right? Ah yes, where there is a will there is a way out! 10pm sounds lovely to me!!!

Tiggeriffic said...

Enjoyed reading your post today.. Snow is the spice of life.. I bought one of those curved handled snow shovels.. What a relief on the arms and back.. Best thing I have bought for myself.
You sure did get a lot of snow.. We have 10 inches here with the promises of rain and more snow...
ta ta for now from Iowa....

Susan said...

Welcome, Tiggeriffic! Yes, and my life is indeed spiced up by snow! I will have to look into the curved handled snow shovel - I have two regular ones, but they were both left behind by the previous owner who was rather rough on stuff, including the house! I hope the rain and snow don't make it too treacherous for you out in Iowa!

Susan said...

Michelle, you are probably right. One of the paths I had to dig was to the birdfeeder! Those little squirts have been going through the seed like crazy!