Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

What the.....????

I recently read one of my favorite bloggers relate a dream she had had - it had ALL the trappings of an anxiety dream; not a surprise, given the current pressure she's under.  I have my own favorite anxiety dreams which modesty prevents me from relating to even you, my darling readers.  But this morning I had the strangest dream I have ever had in my whole adult life!  I only remember the bit that happened just before I woke up.  And, since it didn't entail sex, nudity, talking animals or foreign languages, I thought I'd put it out there and see what you think:

I am in a hotel and walk down a long hall.  The walls, ceiling and plush carpeting are all a rich golden color.  I come to a set of double doors with very fancy hardware and pull it open.  There, in front of me, is a huge ballroom, also golden, with massive chandeliers just dripping with sparkling crystal thingies.  And, on the tile floor, THOUSANDS of little tin dishes holding one raw Brussels sprout.  All lined up in perfect order.  Wall-to-wall Brussels sprouts.

Don't get me wrong - I love Brussels sprouts.  But - what the...!  Have I been invaded by aliens?  I cannot, for the life of me, get meaning from this dream!  What's next, vats of sauerkraut?  What do YOU think it means?

6 comments:

The Apple Pie Gal said...

You are going to have a bumper crop of brussel sprouts this year, sell them at farmer's market and make a bundle!!

Either that or you've got gas! They are a toot fruit, no?

melanie said...

THAT would be my dream ballroom...pah! on any waltzing...

Erin said...

Don't know what it means, but I sure love the "all lined up in order" part, that's the OCD in me LOL!

Michelle said...

I do believe that is the strangest dream I've ever heard of! No clue what it means....

Mama Pea said...

I've been thinking about your dream all day . . . and can't come up with a thing as to what it means! Do we need to send you for some psychoanalysis?

Sylvie said...

What a great dream........I think the long hallway and ballroom of gold are significant.
I think the brussel sprouts all lined up are a cry for order. I used to dream about finding a room in my house that I didn't know was there...apparently this is your untapped potential. Who knows?