Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Switcheroo

Since there was an overwhelming desire to acquire my cherished spiral bound cookbook (ahem), I am pulling the ole switcheroo on y'all!  In it's place, I give you "The Farmer's Wife Cookbook"!  This is also a spiral-bound hardback book - published in 1996, it is a compilation of recipes and good, old-timey advice to farm wives.  It is interspersed with wonderful articles from the 30s covering everything from the comfort of hot soup to choosing a refrigerator.   The Farmer's Wife was a monthly magazine that ran from 1893 to 1939, a kinder, gentler era when life on the farm was what some of us (speaking for myself here) wish it was today.  I figured you are just the right crowd to appreciate this book!

Same 'rules' - just comment if you're interested.  I will be employing Kramer's sticky paws in order to choose a winner of this book and the cheese book over the weekend.  (He is very adept at fishing things out of bowls - just ask how I know...)  And I will announce the winners on Monday.  Now, I'm off to dig more paths - I plum forgot about the need to put water in a bucket and get it to the sheep!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

This sounds like an interesting cookbook! Thank you for such a great giveaway.