Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful.

I have, lately, just before going to sleep, listed all the things for which I am thankful.  Some people may just think them, but I have to list them.  Lists = me.  It's a very long list.  And it's a very wonderful list.  At the top of the list is the fact that I am very thankful that I have the opportunity to share another Thanksgiving with my parents.

I hope you all are surrounded by the people you love (and all the furry ones, too) on this special day.  We will be a small group of four (and two dogs) with our 20# turkey, but, luckily, I am almost more fond of leftovers than the main event.  We will be reminiscing about Thanksgivings that came before, missing sisters, a brother-in-law, a niece and nephew who cannot be with us, and we will not move out of the kitchen - no matter how hard my mother tries to shoo us into the living room - because, you know, no matter how much other space there is in a house, the kitchen is the heart of the home. 

I am very thankful, too, for all the friends I have made though this blog; some of the funniest, kindest, nicest women (and men) ever put on this Earth.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

9 comments:

Sue said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

And yes--the kitchen IS the very best place to be!

Jenyfer Matthews said...

My MIL had a couch in her kitchen - she was a very smart woman :)

Hope you have a wonderful holiday. I agree, the leftovers are great!

Mama Pea said...

Thinking of you and sending the very best wishes for a lovely Thanksgiving. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Susan. Enjoy this special day. :o)

Anonymous said...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving Susan!

Spiderjohn

Jane @ Hard Work Homestead said...

Happy Thanksgiving Susan, and give the sheep a little extra today. The diet can start again tomorrow.

Judy T said...

I hope you had a wonderful day. Happy Thanksgiving.
Judy

Candy C. said...

I vote for hanging out in the kitchen too! Hope your day went well!

Erin said...

Hope you had a great Holiday!