Pages

Friday, November 23, 2012

Giving Thanks.

I am thankful that I have tons of leftovers and won't have to cook a meal for three months.  I am thankful that I love turkey.  And thankful that we are able to put this bounty on our tables and share a day filled with good food and love, even if (one of us) would rather have been at a restaurant having someone else go through all the fuss and wash the dishes.

I am thankful for second chances.

I am thankful that the grand-dogs did not decorate the lovely Oriental rug with the remnants of their own Thanksgiving feast.  They are good dogs.

I am thankful for GF cornbread so that I can have stuffing (is it still stuffing if it's not put in the turkey?  Or does that make it something else?  Dressing?  But that would connote that it's ON the turkey.  Which it wasn't).  Sometimes I'm not so thankful for my wondering mind.

I am thankful I didn't have to wear my Fat Pants.

I am thankful that the cats didn't hold it against me for not taking them to the grandparents.  This gave them the opportunity to find every plastic bag not safely stowed out of reach and chew the ends off.  What is it with cats and plastic bags?  Can anyone tell me?

I am thankful for Todays and for Next Weeks.

11 comments:

Sue said...

Well I'm thankful for your wandering mind...it gives me a good chuckle at times!

I wish I had something BESIDES fat pants-LOL!

Susan said...

Sue - And I am thankful that I have friends who are up this early, reading this nonsense!

DFW said...

Sounds like you enjoyed your day Susan. Enjoy those leftovers.

Candy C. said...

I'm glad you had a nice day! :)
I had to freeze some of our leftover turkey, why do we always cook such a ginormous bird?!?

small farm girl said...

Sounds like you have many things to be thankful about! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

Mama Pea said...

Doesn't this feel like a Monday? Your post could have been your Monday Musings. Like Sue, I'm thankful for your lively mind also. When you let your mind wander off the leash (that's a compliment) it comes out witty, funny, super-interesting and delightful. When I do the same I produce gibberish that makes absolutely no sense at all.

P.S. I'll bet our leftovers are bigger than your leftovers. Nah-nah-na-nah-na!

LindaCO said...

Yea no Fat Pants!! And leftovers - yum.

I had a plastic-fixated cat years ago. She had been a stray, and we hypothesized that she had to chew through garbage bags to get food. That, or she was just that way.

Happy weekend!

Judy T said...

Only one of our cats is plastic obsessed. We got her at 7 weeks from the shelter and she's always been that way. We have to Mandy-proof the house.
With 11 people and a not-too-huge turkey we don't have much leftovers but today I'm making stock. YUM!

SweetLand Farm said...

Ahahahaha!! I love it "Fat pants"!!! I didn't need mine either!
I love the leftovers too, and we'll be eating them for a few days! I make a pot pie with most of the veggies and then I'll be making a soup, and some sandwiches too!
Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I didn't need fat pants, but I felt bad for almost falling asleep on the couch at 6 pm with all the kids here from out of town. Love your theories and thoughts!

Erin said...

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!