Pages

Monday, March 9, 2020

Just your typical Monday.

At least Spring seems to be getting a toe-hold.  Saturday started with a light coating of snow and yesterday started cold but, by the afternoon, the sun had warmed up the air enough for me to open the sliding glass door a bit.  All of the furries were taking advantage of the sun beams.
I can hardly stand it...Lovey with her
cat.
Saturday, my sister met me at their local TSC and we availed ourselves of the DIY dog wash.  It is a great service - they provide the facilities, the shampoo, conditioner, towels, dryers and grooming stations.  Both pups are squeaky clean and were awarded biscuits at the checkout.

Sunday was spent cleaning, organizing and cooking.  I had my neighbor over for dinner and tried out a new dessert - a vegan coconut rice pudding that turned out great.  He didn't even know it was vegan and loved it.  It was also way less sweet than my old recipe, using a quarter cup of maple syrup.

Then I broke a tooth.  The fun never stops, does it?

I left a message with my dentist's office and waited for their call back this morning.  Then I spent a blissful hour and a half getting set up with a temporary crown.  Oh, the joys of old teeth and old fillings.  It's a good thing I just finished paying off my last two crowns last week...

By the time I made it into the office, it was after 12.  There I was greeted with the news that I am now the 'back-up' for yet another attorney in HQ.  Let's hope this one sends his own emails.  I am now trying to eat my salad without using the numb side of my mouth - which, this time, has included most of the lower half of my face.

I am trying not to get too excited about going out into my garden, as I may jinx the weather!  I had a young fellow down to give me an estimate on fixing my deck and replacing my fence.  I have a feeling it's going to be an expensive year, especially since most of what needs to be done, I can't do.  But I can snoopervise... :)

I leave you with a photo of my 96 y/o mother at the voting venue in VT.  Bless her pea-picking little heart.
Notice how she matches the decor...this family
has STYLE!



7 comments:

ellen abbott said...

I haven't broken any teeth (lately) but I did just get the 4th temp of 5 crowns last week all on the right side of my face, two up and two down. He shot me so full of deadener that when he came back to ask if my jaw was numb I told him are you kidding, the whole half of my face and tongue is numb. no garden for me again this spring. just too much other stuff going on.

linnellnickerson@gmail.com said...

Nice photo of your Mom. She 's looking good! That dog of yours is seems really special. He loves that cat, it's so cute! The tooth must of been uncomfortable until it was fixed. It seems now a days everything is so expensive. It's good you got it taken care of. I like the dog wash,we don't have anything like that around here. take care!

Michelle said...

I hadn't seen this when I sent my response to your comment on my blog. You KNOW how much I sympathize on the tooth!!! Just the most sickening feeling, followed by much dread of procedures and expense. Ugh. Bless your mom – as long as she voted for anyone but Minus. If our country is recognizable in any way when his tenure is done, it will be in no thanks to him or all his enablers. Fie. I didn't realize Lovey and Slimbo were such buddies; Poppy is in good company!

Joanne Noragon said...

Hooray for your mom. And hooray for you, too, suffering through restoring a tooth. I think my semi annual dental visit is soon. Why do we all moan about the dentist.

DFW said...

Absolutely despise the dentist. So very expensive. No wonder you see so many toothless people being interview here in the south. Your Mother is absolutely beautiful!

Susan said...

Never a dull moment. My friend's boss, Dean of Kinesiology, hand wrote his emails and gave them to her to send. Emails he received she had to print off and put on his desk. I hope your situation isn't quite so primitive. She was a sweetheart and I don't know how she put up with it. Your Mom is an example to us all.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

One of your attorneys won't even send his own emails? How old is, 90? Lawyers do tend to be technologically backward, but this is ridiculous!