Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Henri Couture

 We've been living the 'too much of a good thing' lifestyle around here.  The dogs are beginning to sound mutinous, the chickens are perpetually damp and are withholding eggs in lieu of sunshine.  The only one to come through this unscathed is Slimmie, who never has to put a paw outside.  I am forced to put on my slicker multiple times a day, which, thanks to the unrelenting 100% humidity, clings to me like a damp sausage casing.


Gearing up

If you biggify, you'll
see the only bright spot(s)
around - my shiny silver toenails
with purple flowers!
I am not going to moan and groan about the weather, as having too much rain is preferable to what a lot of people are going through right now.  It seems as if half the country is on fire and the other half is underwater.  I find myself hesitant to say that "next year is bound to be better".  

On a lighter note, here is my sister's dog (my four-pawed nephew), Jasper.  He's a Golden Doodle the size of a Shetland pony and as sweet as can be.  He had a summer 'do' and his lustrous platinum curls are just starting to grow back.  As you can see, he loves his mother.




11 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

due to the endless 90+ humid weather we now live in, we are between drowning and drought. we've had weeks of downpours that dries up instantly when the sun comes out and bakes everything. i won't even get into how horrible it is having meetings in the basement with sweaty workmen. if they were in their 20's and buff i could suffer through it but they are all the exact opposite of that.

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

"Clings to me like a damp sausage casing". Well, that describes it! I think maybe we've had almost the perfect combination of heat and rain. It's been a good growing summer. Sorry to hear of your rain. I know other places are desperate for rain, such as our western provinces. -Jenn

Goatldi said...

Jasper is adorable and almost English Setter in appearance with his summer suit.

Nice toes!

I think your analogy is perfect per state of the country weather wise. I however am currently in a great place . Have only run the air in once briefly in the last week and mostly to negate the stuffy effect my cabin gets when it is over 80 due to being two stories and therefore having fairly low ceilings. To my advantage in the winter but not so much in the warmer weather.

ellen abbott said...

we had so much rain late spring through mid summer. I swear it rained nearly every day for almost two months. now, no rain and the ground is hard and cracked.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I was thinking about you with Henri' coming to your neck of the woods. Are you alright? Is it just rain or do you have power outages and wind?
Jasper is a doll. I do miss my girls and would love to have another dog but it would be selfish on my part plus we don't have a vet within 100 miles anymore.
I'm fortunate to remain healthy so far as all our hospitals are filled with the anti-vaxers! Yep, AR is as red as red can be!
My container gardening turned out great this year and so easy! I just harvested an eggplant, gobs of banana peppers, and tomatoes. I need to google how to preserve my herbs and also to gather plants for natural dyes. Stay safe, cool and dry!

Retired Knitter said...

Oh My God!! Perfect descriptions - everyone of them: raincoat sticking to you like a damp sausage casing AND half the country is on fire and half is under water!!

You have such a wonderful way with words.

Michelle said...

Snazzy toes; let us know when you perfect that weather-sharing app.

Joanne Noragon said...

That is a happy dog. Poor animals, know they're uncomfortable, but not why.

Nancy In Boise said...

Yes too much of a good thing! Dry here but cooler finally.

Mama Pea said...

Thanks for the bit of chirking up your posts always provide. As you know, we're in the part of the country experiencing both a severe drought and forest fires. The nearest big fire (over 10,000 acres now) is too close for comfort (as all out of control fires are) but the wind has kept blowing the progress of it away from us. At the moment though the smoke outside is so thick it looks like a light fog. If only we could get a week of rain. The fire crews must be exhausted. We so need rain.

Steve Reed said...

Awww, Jasper! Love the toenails! Sorry about all the damp, rainy weather. Why does there never seem to be any middle ground -- either underwater or on fire?! (I mean, I know -- climate change. It's a rhetorical question.)