Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Whoa! Where did that week go?


I am enjoying the beginning of my WEEK OFF.  After laboring over my 'vacation list', I decided there weren't enough fun things in it, so I added "go to a Fair".  I ended up going to one of the local fairs where my friend M's daughter, AlsoM, was showing her chickens through 4-H.  She appears, beaming, with one of her many blue ribboned chickens.  It was so much fun watching these kids, serious as all get-out, standing before the judge in the poultry barn.  I examined the rabbits, oxen team, goats, sheep, and anything furred and feathered.  The heat wave had broken and we actually *gasp* had a tiny bit of rain.  Calloo, callay!  It seems that summer ended with a bang, as it was 42 degrees this morning, the leaves are already turning, and I'm gathering my seed garlic.
     I leave you with a fine example of "Poultry Pride".   This lovely hen had all her past awards right there in the cage.  She was, indeed, a beauty.  Next up:  finish fencing, rearrange poultry yard, and a picture of Bartlett.  I hope you all are enjoying a non-laboring Labor Day!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey, I recognize that cute kid!!!

Susan said...

Hey, Michelle~ I was going to take a picture of her with ALL of her blue ribbon poultry, but didn't have room on the blog! She's such a doll.