Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Farm Envy.

The porch.

View from the porch.
I love this farm. It is peaceful, graceful, old and elegant. It reflects the personalities of the people who live there - generous, warm, fun and hard-working. My visits are always too short and it's one of those places where you just don't want to leave once you get there. Their Icelandic sheep are wonderful and it's so calming to stand on the upper pasture and watch their little butts in the air, wooly heads down. They are guarded by a quartet of llamas and they have a glorious view. Bliss. You know your sheep has had a wonderful head start.

4 comments:

Erin said...

what a wonderful expansive view!

Kim said...

That does look wonderful! Glad you enjoyed your trip.

Susan said...

On a hot day like this, I do wish I was on that shady porch, or in the dark, cool interior of that old farmhouse.

Mama Pea said...

Gives us all something to aspire to, doesn't it? Even from your two pictures, I got a sense of the serenity the farm must emit. Congrats to the owners. I know it didn't (doesn't!) come without lots and lots of dedication and real work.