It was such an informative weekend! Here's what I learned:
1. I can still entertain while battling a cold (without compromising the health of my guests)
2. Beef stew in the slow cooker does not take kindly to late dinner guests
3. Even though I wake up at 4:30 a.m., it is not early enough when you have to make breakfast for said guests and get them out of the door by 7 a.m. AND feed dogs, cats, walk said dogs, feed sheep, chickens, rabbits and ducks, and hit the road before 11 a.m.
4. My sheep are fat.
5. Never even mind the lard butt on the llama.
6. I cannot visit and cook at the same time.
7. When pressed for time, nothing beats 5 minute ice cream
8. House guests are captive guinea pigs.
9. No matter how well-trained your dogs are, they can un-train in a nanosecond when it comes to food.
10. Kittens make A LOT of noise (okay - I already knew this)
11. I am tied with Job in the patience department
12. I am not lonely when by myself. There is n.o.t.h.i.n.g. like the sound of nothing.