In honor of the Twelves, here are twelve things about me that you didn't know you were dying to find out about. (Got that???)
- I was born on the first day of the first month - but I was NOT the first baby of the new year in Newport News, Virginia. Which would have garnered my parents some cool swag. Instead, all they got was a ruined New Year's Eve, New Year's Day and a baby with colic.
- I taught myself to play the guitar (not well) but fancied myself the Ohio version of Joni Mitchell. I used to play guitar with my sister - she played the flute - and I would make her laugh so she couldn't play.
- I speak passable Spanish and Dutch (although I am getting rusty on both counts).
- I had a pet skunk named Pooh, who I trained to walk with a harness and a leash. Unfortunately, he was high-strung and used to bite me when he got nervous. Which was all the time.
- I used to be married to a rodeo guy.
- One year, I made a lot of my spending money shooting pool.
- I am terrified of deep bodies of water.
- Because I almost drowned water-skiing in a lake (my dad saved me) and because of the movie, "Jaws".
- I am fascinated by knots.
- I wanted to be a famous female sculptor.
- I can type 120 wpm
- I collect shaped stones, feathers, and small, shiny objects.
I think I am going to have to stop by for that Ipswitch swizzle cause I need to hear a little more about some of these 12!
Jane - What a marvelous idea! See you around 6ish? I'll have the sheep fluffed and the Pearlies polished just for you!!! :)
On the 12th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me.....12 shots of Ipswitch Swizzle things!!
What's Ispswitch Swizzle? You girls keep talking about this, I need to bing it!
Susan, for some reason I am super cranky today. I have a severe case of the blahs and I want this day to end. Just call me ~Debbie Downer
LOL!!! Holy cow, 120 wpm!!! Wish I could do that....
That is a VERY interesting list - all of which is new to me! I didn't even know you were once married!
Since I have never gotten off on cool dates and numbers, today is just a normal day for me, other than the sobering reality of what happened in Portland yesterday at a mall I've visited often. But the miracle is that only three people were hit by someone with a loaded semi-automatic with the intent to kill!
My twins were born New Years Eve. Believe me, you didn't ruin your parents holiday. The birth of my twins was one of the best holidays I have spend.
Love the list, thanks for sharing it! Still laughing at #1 hahahaha!
LOVE #5 and #6!!
I also have a feather, rock and pretty pieces of broken glass and pottery collection.
You are a New Years baby, I am a New Years Eve baby! :)
Make sure you take lots of pictures of that 'polishing'. I gotta see that ;)
I'll have to post a picture of what's left of me. :)
Kelly - I put the recipe in the previous post's comments. I know what you mean. This time of year can really make keeping happy a struggle. Hope today's better for you.
Nancy - Of course "without mistakes" is a whole 'nuther thing!
Michelle - A miracle, indeed. I wonder how many of these incidents need to happen before the government sits up and addresses the problem of gun control.
Michelle - Twins! That IS special! My parents have forgiven me... :)
Erin - Thanks! I have asked to be left alone this birthday. We'll see if I get my wish.
Candy - Both were dangerous past times :-/ A New Year's Eve baby? I will be lifting a glass in your direction on the day!
Thanks for the info about yourself. I'm getting to know you! Never thought about the number thing. The kiddos thought it was cool when they had to write the date though. You type a lot faster then I ever will!
Post a Comment