Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Ain't we got fun?

Although I was hoping to get pictures of Sage's kids frolicking, it was too damn cold for frolicking this morning.  They were more interested in finding patches of sun light to huddle in.  We had the dreaded freeze.  Talk about oddities of geography, we had 27* this morning, while my parents - 27 miles north - were at 50*.  Go figure.  But, frolicking or not, the Dynamic Duo continue to be the cutest things ever.

Never too far apart.  Apple left.  Willo right.

Warming up.

Willo

Apple
Where are my sheep?!?

Something is following me!!
Willo hits the milk bar.

Uncle Chickie still has his "baby" fat...

Ellie continues to be a joyful pup.  I caught Bernice trying to play with her.  Ah, our Bernice never quite got the hang of playing.  Her life was hard and there doesn't look like there was much play time involved.  Scrappy continues to tolerate her shenanigans.  Kramer has made nice.  The other two cats will only come out if Ellie is safely crated.  It does look like there is a family already interested in adopting her.  While it's going to be tough to say goodbye, all this puppy-ness is hard on our old family.  Not to mention I haven't gotten a thing done other than the basics.  I hope that this will be Ellie's perfect forever family.  A dog with this much love to give deserves the best.

12 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Your darling little kiddies looked all fluffed out on your cold morning. Sturdy, happy and healthy! Keeping my fingers crossed that Ellie is soon in a loving, forever home. (Sure she can't stay with you??)

Susan said...

Mama Pea - And they are so soft! No matter what, I make sure I get some snoogling in every morning. Ellie could, indeed, stay with me if you come down and stay here, too. I would need to either clone myself, or take on a farmhand!

Sandy Livesay said...

Susan,

Your little ones are beautiful, heck I would be looking for warmth and the sun too. 27 degrees, brr......to cold for me right now. We had lower temps several weeks back, now it's in the 70's.

Carolyn said...

Good luck on the forever home for your little foster fur baby.

And do those kids look fluffy or fat? Or is it just them fluffing up for the chilly temps? I'd tell you that it was in the upper 80's her today, but you probably wouldn't want to know that. I had swampass. Ick.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Aw, I love watching baby goats play. They are so care-free and fun.

Candy C. said...

I hope it works out for Ellie! The kids sure are cute, there will be plenty of frolicking when you warm up again, that is just too cold!

Susan said...

Sandy - We are supposed to be back to normal now. Let's hope so! It was still in the upper 30s this morning (so more huddling in the sunbeams), but I think the worst is over!

Susan said...

Carolyn - Some family is going to get a wonderful dog, with this Ellie-bellie. She is also good with cats!!! Fat? Hell, no. That's fluff! Although they do have nice round tummies. Now Chickie is a whole nuther story. That's fluff AND fat. What the heck is swampass? Am I old enough to know?

Susan said...

Kristina - They are just joyful. Lots of leaping and wiggling (mostly at the same time).

Susan said...

Candy - Thanks, I do, too. There was a little more frolicking this morning - much launching off the balance beam.

Unknown said...

I've seen little goat sweaters, you could bundle them up :) What cuties...

Leigh said...

They are so cute!!! Did Ellie get that perfect family? I'll have to keep reading to find out.