Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I just HAD to know!

(Warning:  This will give you an upclose view of the workings of my mind.  You were warned.)

Musing on my way to work recently, I got caught up with the word "spatula".  Yes.  Spatula.  I thought, "What an odd word.  Is it Spanish?"  Then I said "Spatula" out loud in every type of accent I could muster.

"Spot U Lah"
"Spaaaat ur lah"
"Spet oo la"

This caroomed around in my bean the entire drive, so I had to Google it.  Apparently, Spatula is from the Late Latin and was first found used in 1525.  It has something to do with epaulets.

Hmmmm.  Epaulets.....ep PAUL ettes.....eee poo leets...

8 comments:

Carolyn said...

Stay right where you are....I'm sending in the nice men in white coats to pick you up.

Susan said...

Carolyn - Well that's nice! I could use a vacation!! :)

Mama Pea said...

I just broke my favorite spatula. I mean Spot U Lah. Spaaat ur lah. Spet oo la. Turner-over-thingie.

P.S. Carolyn? Could you make sure one of those nice men in a white coat is extremely handsome, very wealthy and in the market for one exceedingly beautiful, energetic, kind, slightly wonky gal we all know and love? Oh, yeah. And he must have a passion for homesteading, too. And be strong. And willing. And wealthy. (Did I say that before?)

Susan said...

Mama Pea - Do you think it's because they LOOK like epaulets? Oh, Mama Pea. From your lips to God's ear...

small farm girl said...

I'm so glad to find out that I'm not the only one who thinks like this. lol

Susan said...

Me, too!!!

Freedom Acres Farm said...

You guys all crack me up!! I needed a laugh today! I've had a bad week :-( Fighting with internet technology and my kids broke my sewing machine to the tune of $115 for repair :-( At least it's hard to break a Spot u lah - unless of course you're a strong arm like Mama Pea bwahahahaha

Candy C. said...

I like the way Paula Deen says it...Spatch-ler! :)