Pages

Friday, September 2, 2016

Is it possible?

That I will have TOO MUCH time on my hands?  (snort, snort, cough, wheeze, hic)  Oh, most likely...NOT.  Today kicks off the onset of five plus days of no office.  No commute.  Sweet Louise!  I sure hope I can muster up the starch to go back next Thursday.

And we get out early today.  TGIF, indeed.  Lots going on this holiday weekend, of course.  I need to do some serious sheep wrangling, as the parasite load is back and Norman is leading me on a merry (for him) chase every single morning, as I try to administer his one-second wormer.  He will not win.  I have devised a devious scheme which will play out over three days - the result of which:  he will be lured into a trap.  Right.  Wish me luck.

There will be a thorough cleaning, inside and out.  There will be a new, lovely, green metal roof put on the house.  The dogs will go wild.  The KY Babes will be let loose in the yard under parental supervision (that would be me), as I don't trust the damn chickens - they may pick on Hopalong.  There will be pressure canning.  There will be letter-writing.  There will be new recipes tried.  There will be attendance at a local Garlic Fest.  My usual modus operandi is to get there just as it opens - hit my three garlic/shallot vendors and get the heck out.  However, this year my sis wants to go, so we will do the whole thing.  Le sigh.  There will be organizing.  More things will go out the door.

With any luck, I will have photographic evidence of some of the chaos to share early next week.  Y'all have a wonderful holiday weekend!

8 comments:

DFW said...

Good luck getting everything done!

Mama Pea said...

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! I know your plans may seem like a lotta work to some, but I know just how good you're gonna feel having the days (well, most of them anyway) to work around your happy homestead.

When starting to read this post I almost got super-excited thinking you were announcing your retirement from your of-the-homestead job. Someday, girl, someday!

Sue said...

Oooo yes-take some pics.
You crack me up--you really do look forward to a week of MADNESS (and call it catching up?)
Well, hope your mighty list gets conquered. Enjoy!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Oh my gosh, you sound like you are getting things done for sure. I'm so far behind in cleaning and outdoor up-keep. The weeds are 5 feet tall around my barn corners. Yikes!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Enjoy your time away from the office!

Susan said...

Love it when the days are your own. Any wine left for a restorative at the end of the day?

CountryCityCindy said...

That's quite the list. Enjoy your productive day!

Casa Mariposa said...

I hope you also get some rest!