Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Monday Musings. Running It Up the Flagpole Edition.

Musing my way through the pea-soup fog recently, inching my way home, I was thinking about Erma Bombeck, Ann Landers, Dear Abby, and the rest of the grand old girls of sage advice.  That got me thinking - hey!  I am big on handing out advice, asked for or not!  Just ask my two younger sisters.  I am, indeed, a bossy-pants, albeit those pants are a little looser now.  Not the bossy part, I am tight with my bossy-ness.

Along this line of thought, I noodled around an idea to run a regular/weekly (ish) post offering my humble services as patcher of fences, mender of hearts, a virtual shoulder to whine on.  And...it became "Dear Aunt Sweezie".  If there is a dilemma in your life that begs to be addressed, a burning question that needs answering, send an email to DearAuntSweezie@gmail.com.  I will do my best to answer all requests/questions within reason (and don't ask me why there is air;  Bill Cosby already covered that).  

What do you say?  Are you willing to indulge me?  Enable me?  Go along for the ride?  If nothing else, it can help us laugh our way through winter!  And let's see if I can keep up with my multiple personalities~.

15 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oh MAN! I'm going to start working on my LIST of "Dear Aunt Sweezie" questions! You asked for it!

Susan said...

Carolyn, that should keep me in material for a year or two.... :)

Michelle said...

I think you need to think BIG. Get syndicated, woman!

Jane @ Hard Work Homestead said...

HA! Now this ought to be entertaining :)

Mama Pea said...

Haven't I always said you need to be writing a syndicated column? Huh? Huh? HUH??

Now if I can just remember to send all my problems to you to be solved . . . Hey, maybe this should be another blog so we all can read it! If it's just an e-mail address we won't be privy to your extremely talented ability to solve everyone's problems.

Susan said...

Maybe in my dreams, Michelle.... :)

Susan said...

Jane, let's hope so! :)

Susan said...

Mama Pea - You, my dear, were the compelling voice that headed me in this direction. There IS a blog - if you click on the Dear Aunt Sweezie in the body of the post, you will be transported there. I will be putting up another post tomorrow. Keep those questions coming in!
xxx

Chicken Mama said...

Did you get the COMPELLING (ahem) question I sent in? Not sure if it went thru or not.

Susan said...

CM - No, I did not! :( Send it to my regular email address. And, since it's compelling - post haste!!!

Mama Pea said...

Ooooh, I think I get it now! (Yes, the filament in my brain bulb is, indeed, a bit on the dim side today.) We e-mail you with a question and you put it up with the answer on the blog. Yes? No? Is there any help for me? (Maybe that should be my first question to Aunt Sweezie.)

Susan said...

Bingo! By jove, you've got it, Mama Pea! :}

Candy C. said...

This should be highly entertaining!! :)

Unknown said...

OMG, what a great idea!!! Have I got a whopper for you, maybe...

Erin said...

haha Dear Aunt Sweezy sounds fantastic! Hmmm, where do I begin?!